Award-winning documentary company gebrueder beetz filmproduktion has launched the highly-anticipated new international version of its unique interactive graphic novel app The Wagner Files for English, French and Japanese-language users.
Currently available for iPad and iPhone, The Wagner Files seeks to answer the compelling question “Who was Richard Wagner?” through an expansive, museum- quality selection of animated sequences, videos, interactive maps, historical letters, musical scores, photographs, and other elements that cast the mystery, genius and controversy of Wagner in a completely new light.
Read the full Press Release
Available to download now!
Gebrueder beetz filmproduktion has produced more than 100 high-quality documentaries and documentary films for the national and international markets since its foundation in 2000. In addition to the CEOs Reinhardt and Christian Beetz, the team consists of 30 employees working in branch offices in Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne and Lüneburg.
Its productions regularly screen in the competitions of major international film festivals and have received numerous respected awards, including the Grimme Award, the Prix Europa, the Cinema for Peace Award and the German Television Award, and even an Oscar nomination for Best Short Documentary (Open Heart). In 2012, the Jahrbuch Fernsehen declared the company as one of the most successful non-fiction production companies in Germany.
Its projects are aimed at innovatively conveying culture to a broad, international audience. Since 2007, the company has been complementing their cinematic content with cross-media formats such as web campaigns, apps for tablet PCs and smartphones, web documentaries, media events and books.
Learn more: http://www.gebrueder-beetz.de/en/
+++ The Wagner Files HD - Interactive Graphic Novel +++
The Extra-Sensory Wagner Experience
The Wagner Files HD explores exciting ways of storytelling: by the fusion of animations, videos, historical letters, music scores and photographs, Wagner is experienced with all senses.
The story of Wagner's life is told from Hans von Bülow's point of view: Starting with the premiere of Rienzi in 1848 until Wagner's death in Venice in 1883.
+++ Features +++
- 41 pages Graphic Novel illustrated by Flavia Scuderi
- 240 animated images
- more than 60 minutes of Wagner's music
- 23 "interactive points" that provide access to historical documents such as letters, photographs or scores
+++ Four Modes+++
- Graphic Novel Mode
- Animation Mode
- Animation Mode with Audio Version
- Auto-Play Mode with Audio Version
+++ Special Features+++
- Music Visualization of the ouverture of "The Flying Dutchman" by US-programmer and composer Stephen Malinowski (who worked on Björk's "Biophelia"-App)
- Photographs of the most important persons in Wagner's life (i.e. Cosima Wagner, Franz Liszt, King Ludwig II., Hermann Levi)
- hand-written historical letters, original scores
- rare gramophone records of Wagner's operas from the 1920s and 30s
- Interviews with Wagner-experts Eva Rieger, Oliver Hilmes, Simone Young, Katharina Wagner and others
- Interactive map with 33 stages and background information
- Trailer of the film „The Wagner Files“
- Preview of the Graphic Novel (print) „Wagner“
WAGNER FILES – The App is part of the cross-medial production “The Culture Files“, consisting of the Graphic Novel “Wagner“ (print) and the documentary “THE WAGNER FILES“ (90/52min). The film is also available on iTunes.
Technical Requirements: iPad 2
Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad 2 and above.
For general questions, bug reports or press inquires please fill out the form below.
Please complete the highlighted fields.
Thank you for your message! We'll get back to you shortly.